Specification & Description
About This Product
Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS
Have the durability and performance to take your gaming experience to the next level with the ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS AM4 Micro-ATX Motherboard. Designed with military-grade components to withstand overclocking and powered by the AMD B550 chipset, this micro-ATX motherboard supports third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with the AM4 socket for high-end video games and content creation. The chipset takes full advantage of the large PCIe 4.0 data bandwidth to handle demanding tasks such as 4K live streaming, video editing, and gaming at high settings. Up to 128GB of dual-channel ECC DDR4 RAM, reaching 4400 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across four memory slots to improve the system’s multitasking capabilities and speed. The motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to two M.2 SSDs and four SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, or 10 configurations. Its PCIe 4.0 x16 and PCIe 3.0 x16 slots can accommodate a 2-way AMD CrossFireX configuration to maximize your system’s frame rates at high resolutions. Or you can take advantage of AMD Ryzen processors with integrated graphics by connecting monitors to the motherboard’s DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 2.1 ports. An additional PCIe 3.0 x1 slot is available for compatible expansion cards.
Connect peripherals such as mice and keyboards to the USB 2.0 Type-A ports while reserving the USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports for transferring data from compatible devices at up to 10 Gb/s. The TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS also features a fast 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, providing you with the bandwidth needed for online games, 4K video streaming, and live stream broadcasts when paired with compatible devices. Other features include addressable Gen 2 Aura Sync RGB lighting headers and Realtek ALC S1200A 7.1-channel audio. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard’s features.
PCIe 4.0 Bandwidth
The ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS pairs third-generation AMD Ryzen processors with high PCIe 4.0 memory bandwidth through the B550 chipset for maximum performance.
ASUS TUF Gaming motherboards are built using durable military-grade components to withstand overclocking.
The motherboard features fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks using the ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design to enhance passive cooling and maintain optimal temperatures for critical components. Aluminum M.2 heatsinks are also included to quickly dissipate heat from installed SSDs and help avoid heat throttling.
Storage and Memory
- Two M.2 slots are available, supporting up to type 22110 NVMe PCIe and SATA SSDs.
- Four SATA III ports are available for hard drives and 2.5″ SSDs.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, and 10.
- Up to 128GB of dual-channel ECC DDR4-4400 (OC) memory can be installed across four slots.
The motherboard has 8+2 DrMOS power stages and uses high-quality alloy chokes alongside durable capacitors deliver power to critical components such as the CPU.
Fast Network Connectivity
The TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS includes a 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed network connections with compatible devices. The Ethernet port uses LANGuard technology to protect it against surges and to provide a cleaner data signal while reducing the chance of errors without taking up CPU resources.
AMD CrossFireX Support
Installing multiple graphics cards will enhance the computer’s performance for demanding tasks such as gaming, video editing, and more. This motherboard supports a 2-way AMD CrossFireX configuration.
The DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.2 ports support 4K monitors, which allow you to take advantage of AMD Ryzen CPUs that have integrated graphics.
- The integrated Realtek ALC S1220A audio technology is designed to deliver detailed sound with 7.1-channel playback.
- 24-bit / 192 kHz playback support.
- Two onboard amplifiers push the sound out to your headphones or speakers.
- The Sonic Studio III software allows you to customize EQ profiles across different audio devices and applications.
- The DTS: Sound Unbound app works with Windows Sonic technology to deliver spatial sound to headsets, immersing you into virtual environments and entertainment.
Aura Sync RGB Lighting
Aura Sync technology allows you to connect, customize, and control lighting equipment such as RGB LEDs and light strips on the onboard RGB headers. You can choose from a variety of lighting presets that include Static, Strobing, and Color Cycle. These presets can be synchronized with Aura-capable peripherals such as keyboards, mice, monitors, and more. The addressable Gen 2 RGB headers can detect the number of LEDs on a compatible device to further tailor the lighting effects.
ASUS Armoury Crate is a suite of management software for system customization. It includes ASUS Aura Sync RGB lighting control, keyboard and mouse preferences, fan speed control, and more.
Additional Software Features
- EPU Guidance: The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) optimizes power consumption to maximize savings in Away mode, which shuts down I/O controllers.
- Digi+ VRM Control: The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) allows direct control overvoltages, the switching frequency, and power-efficiency settings to fine-tune the CPU voltage regulation for stability and performance.
- Fan Xpert 2+: Manually or automatically control the speed of your fans to find a balance of cooling performance and noise. Extreme Quiet mode reduces fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system quiet during light tasks.
- Turbo App: A utility that allows you to customize the computer system’s performance for individual applications.
- BIOS FlashBack: The BIOS can be updated by copying the BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB stick, inserting it into the designated port, and pressing the FlashBack button. Updates may be performed without a CPU or memory installed.
- SafeSlot: These strong PCIe slots increase retention force and shearing resistance when installing components.
- Q-LED: Onboard LED lights indicate the power status and problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card, or boot device.
- Q-Slot: A side lock that allows you to quickly install and secure a graphics card.
- Q-DIMM: One-sided locks for quickly securing or removing memory modules.
Model – Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS, CPU Sockets – AM4, Chipset – AMD B550, Supported CPU – AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation Processors with Radeon Graphics processors, Generation – 3rd Gen, Memory Type – DDR4, Memory MHz – 4800(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C)/ 4466(O.C.)/ 4400(O.C)/ 4266(O.C.)/ 4133(O.C.)/ 4000(O.C.)/ 3866(O.C.)/ 3733(O.C.)/ 3600(O.C.)/ 3466(O.C.)/ 3333(O.C.)/ 3200/ 3000/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133MHz, Memory Channel – Dual Channel, Memory Slot – 4, Memory Max. – 128GB, Optane Memory Support – No, Graphic – Integrated Graphics, Multi-GPU Support – 2-Way AMD CrossFireX, PCI Express Slot – 1 x PCIe 4.0 x16 (x16 mode), 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 mode), 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x4 mode), 1 x PCIe 3.0 x1, Storage Interface – 6Gb/s, M.2 Slot – 2 x M.2 Socket 3 (1 x M.2 (M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIE 4.0 x4 and SATA modes) / 1 x M.2 (M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110 (PCIE 3.0 x4 and SATA modes)), LAN Chipset – Realtek RTL8125B, LAN Speed (Mbps) – 2.5Gbps, Audio Chipset – Realtek ALC S1200A, Audio Channel – 7.1-Channel, WiFi – No, Bluetooth – No, USB Port – 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 5 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 4 x USB2.0, VGA Port – No, DVI Port – No, HDMI Port – 1, DisplayPort (DP) – No, IDE Port – No, SATA Port – 4 x SATA, BIOS Type – 1 x 256 Mbit Flash ROM, BIOS Model – UEFI AMI BIOS, FireWire – No, CrossFire Support – Yes, Sli Support – No, RaidSupport – 0,1,10, Thunderbolt – No, TPM Port – Yes, COM Port – Yes, RGB Support – Yes, RGB Sync – Aura Sync, RGB Connector – 2 x Aura RGB Strip Headers, Form Factor – mATX, Supported Operating System – Windows 10, Special Features – AMD B550 (Ryzen AM4) micro ATX gaming motherboard with PCIe 4.0, dual M.2, 10 DrMOS power stages, 2.5 Gb Ethernet, HDMI, DisplayPort, SATA 6 Gbps, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C, and Aura Sync RGB lighting support, AMD AM4 socket, Ready for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors, Enhanced power solution, 8+2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool connector, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability, Comprehensive cooling, VRM heatsinks, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 2+ utility, Next-gen connectivity, PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C support, Made for online gaming, 2.5 Gb Ethernet, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology, Realtek S1200A codec, Pristine audio quality with unprecedented 108 dB signal-to-noise ratio for stereo line out and 103 dB SNR for line in, AI noise-canceling microphone, Provides crystal-clear in-game voice communication, Others – 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 2.1, 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s), 1 x Addressable Gen 2 header(s), 1 x SPI TPM header, 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP), 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s), 1 x System panel connector, 1 x COM port header, 1 x Speaker connector, 1 x BIOS FlashBack Button(s), 5 x Audio jack(s), 1 x Optical S/PDIF out, Warranty – 3 Year, Country of Origin – Taiwan, Made in/ Assemble – China
There are no reviews yet.